THIS RECIPE IS SO GOOD! Eric and I have been committing to our workout routine and loving our CrossFit gym. I made this after a heavy workout day when I wanted ALL THE FOOD and not all the calories…isn’t that the way.
These bean noodles are my all time favorite GF substitute. Not only to they look and taste like regular noodles, but they are freaking packed full of protein. The noodles mixed with the meat sauce upped the protein in one serving to 40g! Whoa baby.
I really love Mezzetta pasta sauces because 1. it’s made in Napa and duh and 2. they are made without sugar and preservatives! They amount of fat per serving went up when I used the Mezzetta marinara versus a regular marinara, as the third ingredient in their marinara is Italian olive oil. But that just adds to the magic!
PROTEIN-PACKED BOLOGNESE RIGATONI
Gluten Free / Dairy Free
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 jar Mezzetta marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 Tsp. both salt and pepper
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 box Banza chickpea pasta
- Optional: Pinch red pepper flakes
- Add ground beef and onion to a pan on medium heat, sauté until browned.
- Pat out grease in pan with paper towels.
- Add red wine and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add marinara, chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper (plus optional red pepper flakes) to meat.
- Cook pasta, drain, set aside.
- Add chopped parsley to sauce once noodles are cooked, as to not overcook.
- Mix pasta and sauce together in pot and serve.
- Optional dairy free topping: nutritional yeast flakes (taste like parmesan)
- Per Serving: • Calories: 520 • Fat: 16.3 g • Saturated Fat: 3 g • Carbs: 44.2 g Protein: 40.3 g • Fiber: 10.5 g • Vitamin A: 28% DV • Vitamin C: 53% DV • Iron: 54% DV
To see more, come check out my recipes on Instagram @MrsGriffinNutrition