The name brings up images of the KFC drive through after church, kid’s meals, and loads of ranch dressing. Or is that just me? But I bet you don’t equate chicken tenders to Whole 30 or weight loss…But alas, dreams do come true.
I made these in about 30 minutes from start to finish! I also made a double batch and froze the rest for another night. When you’re eating healthier or doing Whole 30, the trick is to find 1. recipes that don’t take forever to cook and 2. recipes that make you feel like you’re indulging.
I was surprised at how crunchy they turned out, considering the base is coconut flour. If you like coconut shrimp, these will be your new weeknight bff.
WHOLE 30 COCONUT CHICKEN TENDERS
( PALEO // GLUTEN FREE // DAIRY FREE )
-2 lbs. chicken breast tenders
-2 cups coconut flour
-4 eggs, beaten + 2 tbsp. water
-2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
-1/4 c. coconut oil
-1 tbsp. onion powder
-1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
-2 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. pepper
- Begin by setting out three bowls. Fill the first with the coconut flour, the second with the egg/water mixture, and the third with the shredded coconut.
- Mix the onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in to the coconut flour mixture.
- Start heating the coconut oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Dip the tenders one by one through the mixtures, beginning with the coconut flour and ending with the shredded coconut. Coat chicken thoroughly.
- Place chicken in coconut oil and cook in batches, browning both sides.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 for an additional 10 minutes, until evenly crispy.